Last March, I copied this outfit exactly from a mannequin in the Point Of View department at my local Nordstrom. It was the beautiful wood and clear acrylic bead necklace that did me in. Then I thought it would be fun to wear the two different shades of green together - it would really take me out of my comfort zone. Now I'm very comfortable wearing a lot of color at once. I just had to try it once and now I'm hooked.
A note to some of my friends in the moms' group: some of you have seen this outfit once already - I wore this outfit to our first day of wine tasting in Temecula.
On the mannequin: Focusing could have been better on my iPhone.
Some notes on the outfit:
1. It's interesting how in the mannequin photo, the color of the pants look like a darker turquoise.
2. The cropped pants is a stretch for me since I'm a shorter person. I suggested to the alterations lady that I should have them hemmed, and she agreed. In comparison with the mannequin, mine still look too long. Perhaps they would look more flattering if the hem hit right at the middle of my calf as it does on the mannequin. I think I'll take them in to be hemmed up a bit more.
3. My blue nail polish on my toes sort of continues the color blocking shades of greens into blues.
4. I guessed I should wear nude shoes. I think I made a good choice.
5. I was wearing a gold/hematite bracelet, but I forgot to put it back on after doing the dishes. I keep repeating that note it seems.
6. My favorite part of this outfit is the necklace. It has just the right amount of texture which mimics the slightly textured plain sweater.
7. Oops! The right hand on the mannequin is facing the wrong direction. My husband noticed this.
8. No, I have not had treatment yet for my vericose veins. Then where are they, you ask? Photoshop took care of them for this post.
Halogen® Dolman Sleeve Sweater with Open Stitch Front (Petite), Green Golden - Nordstrom
Hinge® Princess Seam Camisole, Sand - nordstrom.com
Halogen® 'Taylor' Curvy Fit Crop Pants, Aqua Plummage -Nordstrom
Natasha Couture Single Strand Wood & Acrylic Beads necklace - Nordstrom Trend Accessories (no photo online available)
Cole Haan 'Air Carma' OT pump, Sandalwood - zappos.com
MICHAEL Michael Kors 'Addison' straw tote, Mocha - Nordstrom