Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, March 2, 2015

Do You Have A Fashion Blog?

Today at my local Nordstrom a customer came over to me and asked me if I have a fashion blog.  I was stunned.  Thank you, Michela, for recognizing me from this blog!  I am still amazed.  I had this happen to me one other time, it was the first time I had met Style Underdog, who is now Beverly Like Hills.  At the grocery store, she came up to me and asked if I was No More Frump! That was so cool.

Today's encounter with Michela made me realize I should post.  The thing is my husband is rarely home when the light is right, blah blah blah.  I have my 9 year old taking outfit photos with my iPhone just about everytime I'm dressed up, and the photos aren't so great.  So I just don't post them.

Today's outfit:  I copied all of the clothing from outfit from a mannequinn at Nordstrom back in October.  The mannequin did not provide the tights, shoes, handbag or earrings, so I had to think of those things on my own.  I love this skirt because it's grey, not black.  I wore tights today because it was cold and rainy.  I tried black tights on first, but I think the grey looks more interesting than black.




October 2014 Nordstrom Mannequin Outfit

Halogen® Twill Moto Jacket, black - nordstrom.com
Halogen® Pleated A-Line Skirt, Grey Ebony Houndstooth - nordstrom.com (now available at nordstromrack.com
DKNY Hosiery Semi-Sheer Tights, Flannel Grey - Nordstrom
kate spade 'licorice too' pump, Black Suede - nordstrom.com
Cara Studded Faux Leather Cuff - Nordstrom
MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Classic Q Natasha - Mini' Crossbody Flap Bag, Black - Nordstrom

Note:  This bracelet (Cara Stone Cuff, Black Diamond/ Hematite) was on the mannequin in addition to the studded cuff, and I bought it.  The two cuffs together looked incredible.  Unfortunately the stone cuff kept flying off my wrist so I had to return it.  I was so sad since it was my favorite part of the outfit.  Instead, today I wore the kate spade bangle in silver, in hopes to bring in silver to complement the skirt as the stone cuff did so beautifully.

I think my 9 year old did a great job today.

No comments:

Post a Comment