Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sexiest Top I Own

This month I've been fortunate in having many opportunities to dress up and go out to holiday parties and small gatherings.  I love the opportunities to wear nicer clothes any chance I can get, but last week I think we had three nights of going out.  It was a bit much and caused me to be extra tired, but it was all fun.  I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I wore this outfit twice within the last couple of weeks.  I wore it once out on a double-date, and once to my son's playgroup's annual holiday moms' dinner.  That made sense, right?!?  This is my extra-special, very precious, oh-so-very-feminine and I'd say the sexiest top I own. I cannot begin to tell you how feminine I feel in this top.  It is my favorite piece right now, and I hope to get the chance to wear it again soon.

Unfortunately, the flash was a bit too bright here.  The top does have a nude color lining, but in person the top is darker.  The skirt and tights are darker black.  This photo makes them look gray.  I really should redo these photos.

This top has hidden button closures and little dainty satin tie ribbons.  It's kind of like a corset look. 
 With my trench.  

I usually don't wear so much black, but I asked for advice from my favorite salesperson at Nordstrom about what to wear with this top.  She said with all the lace and ribbon details, I need to let the top be the star of the outfit.  She suggested a black pencil skirt would look best.   She also suggested I wear earrings in a champagne color to compliment the nude lining, but I found these really nice coppery ones which I thought would work just as well as champagne.  Plus, I couldn't really find any champagne colored earrings at that given moment in which I needed them. 

Sexiest Top I Own
Nanette Lepore 'Rich Bouquet' lace top, black - shopbop.com
Nanette Lepore 'Annina' pencil skirt, black - ruelala.com
Kenneth Cole REACTION sateen trench, Cardinal Red - ebay.com
Givenchy 'Salt' Glass Pearl Linear earrings, Espresso Pearl/ Smoky Quartz - Nordstrom
Kenneth Cole NY 'High Polish' clutch, black patent - Nordstrom
Cole Haan opaque tights, black - colehaan.com
Cole Haan 'Air Talia' Pump, black suede - zappos.com

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous top! Love the ruffle detail at the neckline. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look amazing in this outfit! The top is quite gorgeous and yes, very sexy!

    ReplyDelete