Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Copycat Blogger?

I should seriously consider changing the name of my blog to Copycat.  I fall in love with many outfits on bloggers, actresses, mannequins, online store models and try to find the exact same pieces.  

This outfit is almost completely copied from a nordstrom.com online photo modeling a Halogen cashmere sweater and KUT From the Kloth cordouroy pants I purchased just about a year ago.  I never would have thought of putting these pieces together on my own.  The two shades of pink are very fun together, and the striped shirt balances the two colors.  The stripes also seem to tie together the black in the animal print shoes. 

What I found most interesting about this outfit was the red stripe at the cuff. The red seems to tie the pinks all together.  Red stitching on the shirt buttons I find fun, too.  Sadly, I can't find any more of the Nexx brand at Nordstrom or anywhere else.  Earlier this year Nordies had so much of the Nexx brand.  I already had animal print flats so I hoped those would work.  I was not interested in getting the animal slip-on sneakers anyway.

The Halogen cashmere sweater is from last year, and the newly updated version is different.  The new one has side slits and the v-neck is much deeper than last year's version.  Nordstrom still carries these KUT From the Kloth cordouroy pants, but the light pink color has been discontinued.  I'm thinking about getting the denim blue color.  






Nordstrom Online Model Photo "Copy":

Halogen V-neck Cashmere Sweater, updated version / Pink Plumier (no longer available)
KUT From the Kloth 'Diana' Stretch Corduroy Skinny Pants, current colors / Petal Pink (no longer available)
Nexx Long Sleeve Blouse, Black/ White Stripe (no longer available) / similar option by Madewell (The title of this shirt made me laugh.)
Ivanka Trump 'Magnoli' Flat Pony Leopard (no longer available) / (current version) Ivanka Trump 'Chic3' Flat, Leopard
kate spade signature spade stud earrings, gold / also available here
kate spade 'idiom - all that glitters' pavé bangle, gold

No comments:

Post a Comment