Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 24, 2011

Saturday Night: Favorite LBD w/ Red Trench

Saturday night we went out to a nice dinner with a colleague and his wife.  The restaurant was a really nice one in Newport Beach so I thought this place would give me an opportunity to wear my favorite Little Black Dress. I have two LBDs:  one can be dressed up or down, and one definitely is dressy.  This is the dressy one.  I absolutely love this dress and wish I had more opportunities to wear it.  This is only the third time I've worn it and I've had it for a year.  I find the shutter pleating creates a slimming effect and the crisscrossed bodice draws attention upward which is where I need it most!

Saturday Night LBD w/ Red Trench Outfit


I should stop turning by body this way since it shows my bad right foot that is infested with ugly-ass vericose veins.  But this photo shows the handbag better than the one above.


*Tadashi Shoji Shutter Pleat Jersey Dress black - nordstrom.com 
Kenneth Cole REACTION trench Cardinal Red - Ebay
Cole Haan 'Carma Air' OT pumps black patent - Nordstrom
Sorrelli 'Rare Jewels' black/red/hematite stones necklace - Nordstrom Rack
**Prada gold metallic handbag - second hand designer clothing store in Laguna Beach but I forgot the name of it.
* The Tadashi dress was 60% off!!  I watched this one like a HAWK.  Watching this really paid off.  This was a deal of all deals.  ETA:  Shoot, after seeing these photos you can't see the beautiful shutter pleating of this dress.  I'll have to share the stock photo so you can see.  I must wear this dress again and get better lighting so you can see the shutter pleating on me and what it does for my figure!  Stock photo:
** The Prada bag I got from my husband's friend's second-hand designer clothing store.  It was in such nice condition.  The girl told me the retail price was about $800, but I got it for $75.  Nice! It was a holiday gift from my husband last year.

9 comments:

  1. The dress and the trench are both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.word! I love that dress! What a great buy...hubs needs to take you out more so you can wear it. (And the gorgeous trench)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your red trench! It looks great on you.
    My post today is about trench coats and my slight obsession with them. I may have to consider adding a red to my collection!


    www.thecasualclassicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a crossover bodice like that--so flattering and timeless! Consignment stores are the best! someone just dumped at least 8 dooney & bourke handbags at our local Buffalo exchange (in Eugene, Oregon). They are steals! now if only i needed a bag....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so chic! The dress is fabulous on you, and I love that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, thank you, I truly love this outfit.

    Donna, thanks! He sure does need to take me out more often.

    Casual Classic, thanks for stopping by here. Definitely get a red trench. They are so much fun. People love them.

    Kelly, thank you! You are sweet.

    kate, thanks! Oh man, D & B. I would love to have one of those some day.

    Joy, thank you my dear.

    Alli, thank you, you are so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think mimicking popular posts on other blogs is one of the best ways to get a good idea which will be popular.Such a lovely blog you have shared here with us. Really nice .
    Visit - Pearl pendant

    ReplyDelete