Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Color, Pattern, Texture + Shine!

Clinton and Stacy of WNTW have always said you make an outfit interesting by having color, pattern, texture and shine.  My focus is to make every outfit interesting.  I chose two colors that are opposites on the color wheel:  yellow and purple.  My top is slightly sheer with a light, dotted pattern.  I must wear a cami underneath.  Some of the dots on the tote are raised and shiny which provide texture, pattern, and shine.  My necklace adds shine and texture which has the same colors as the tote.  Perhaps the necklace is matchy-matchy to the tote, but I don't care this time.  Another choice could have been a solid black handbag, but I think this outfit needed more pattern.  Another choice for handbag would be a solid or textured metallic gold, but the gold one I have is a tiny clutch.  I needed a larger tote for this day.

Speaking of What Not To Wear, it's been WAY too long since the last new episode aired.  I've read on Clinton Kelly's Twitter that new episodes will be coming on in May.  I cannot wait!





Color, Pattern, Texture + Shine Outfit
Bobeau Burnout Dot Tee, white - nordstrom.com
Hinge® Princess Seam Camisole, white - nordstrom.com
BP. Classic Crewneck Cardigan, berry - purple, nordstrom.com
7 For All Mankind mid-rise bootcut jeans, Rinse Wash - 7forallmankind.com
Cole Haan 'Air Olivia' Stud Ballet Flat, Golden Yellow Snake - ruelala.com
kate spade 'keswick caning' necklace, black, gold & cream - gift from kate spade
kate spade 'daisy hill - griffen' vertical tote, black/ cream - nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment