Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, April 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day - A Little Late

I adore St. Patrick's Day.  I love the sea of green clothing on everyone out in public.  I truly love that real Kelly Green.  That day here in SoCal it rained cats and dogs.  That night we saw a show at the Laguna Playhouse.  Here I am outside the building and in the lobby before the show.  The lighting was perfect here so my husband took a ton of great photos.  Next time I wear this kelly green tee remind me NOT to carry the teal handbag.  I was trying to go with that "different shade/same color palette" thing, and it just doesn't work here.  Kelly Green needs to be the focus.  A neutral bag will work better.  Also, the yellow rain jacket I think takes away from the kelly green, but my other coat in cream would have been too heavy.

These patent rain slip-ons are the best.  They are totally waterproof and really can be worn rain or shine.  When it's cold my usual flats expose too much of my feet and I get too cold.  I can wear socks with these and and my feet are nice and warm.  Here I'm wearing sweater tights since it was really cold that day.





St. Patrick's Day at the Laguna Playhouse

Anthropologie 'The Gathering Tank', Kelly Green - Anthropologie
Nanette Lepore 'Star Bright' jacket, grey - bloomingdales.com
Halogen® 'Modern Denim' Skirt, Dark Indigo - nordstrom.com
Land's End rain jacket, yellow - Sears (never saw official stock photo online but here it is on Ebay)
Nordstrom 'Love' Sweater Tights, Black - nordstrom.com
Perlina Snake Embossed Convertible Crossbody handbag, Emerald - Nordstrom
Cole Haan 'Air Tali' Rain Slip-on, black patent - colehaan.com
Liz Palacios 'Zodiac' pendant necklace, mint green & gold - Nordstrom
Totes Bubble Umbrella, Primary with Dots - macys.com

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Your green top is perfect. I think the teal bag actually works quite well with it, but a neutral would also be nice.

    It really was crazy weather for St. Patrick's this year, wasn't it?? I was attending a wedding on a yacht that day. Luckily, it was all indoors once we got on the ship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually like the pallette, it looks very elegant, i do like the beer accessory also hehe, i dont think i have ever celebrated st patricks day, i need to get out more! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the yellow with the kelly green...I think it makes the green really POP!

    ReplyDelete