Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, November 14, 2010

1st Attempt To Copycat Style Underdog

Back in July Style Underdog wore this lovely summer outfit and this was the first one of hers that I went running out to hunt down these pieces for myself to copy.  I never have really known how to wear crisp white button-down oxfords and belts, and this I knew I could do.  I love how she looks here.  I didn't even discover this post until October because I got distracted from being current with her blog, so I knew it was going to take some work to find the skirt.  After several days of phone calls to many different Macy's across the country to locate this lovely gray INC skirt, I finally found one but it was two sizes too large.  I never buy clothes that are too big and get them altered, but the salesperson at Macy's does alterations and she said it would be an easy thing to do.  So I bought it (on clearance I might add - yay!), and the alterations came out awesome!  The belt wasn't the exact one as SU's but I found one online that was very similar.  Again my size was difficult to track down but it was done after a couple days worth of hunting.  Did I mention I'm really good at hunting down sale/clearance items?  I'm REALLY, REALLY good at it.

To make this more of a fall look instead of sandals I'm wearing boots.  I wish my son would have remembered to focus.  This is the only decent photo.  I'll have to wear this again and get better photos.  I forgot to wear my purse - it was the teal one of course.


Lauren Ralph Lauren roll sleeve shirt white - macys.com
INC crinkled drop waist skirt gray (EXACT copy of Style Underdog's skirt) - Macy's
Lauren Ralph Lauren woven leather belt brown - Macy's
Cole Haan boots 2.25" heel Woodbury brown - colehaan.com
clear red beads bracelet - Macy's brand
Argento Vivo silver leaf earrings - nordstrom.com

4 comments:

  1. Great copycat look! You look fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic! And the boots make this outfit perfect for Fall. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyn, I love this on you. I know you said you copied me but you own this look. The boots are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Way to track down those items.

    p.s. to Cyn's readers, she is not giving herself enough credit. She really KNOWS how to track stuff down. Really Really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, thanks, it was fun to copycat SU. There are so many more outfits of hers I want to copy.

    Alli, thank you. When it gets colder I'm wondering if chocolate brown tights and my red trench will work.

    SU, Thank you, you are too kind. Thank you for the inspiration. Seeing your outfit made me learn how to wear belts. I am going to play with this look a bit. This would look great with my copper croc or red pumps.

    ReplyDelete