Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Old V-Neck Tee Given a Much Needed Update

I'm getting the hang of this layering idea.  What a concept!  This rose pink tee is probably four years old.  The last two years I've contemplated getting rid of them (I also have this same tee in teal, brown, and kelly green)  Back then I used to buy multiples of items I really liked.  I am trying to get away from that.  :/  I don't like that the v-neck is super low - a cami or tank is required all the time, and it doesn't even look that great with a regular tank underneath.  I wore these with shorts all summer(s) and I got bored of the plain look.  This is the first time I've worn a long sleeve tee underneath and with a scarf.  This isn't my favorite outfit I've ever worn, but I am happy I figured out how I can use these old tees in a different way and in colder seasons.

These old Mary Jane pumps I had listed on Ebay two or three times this year but didn't sell.  They are cute and comfortable but the quality is eh.  These are four years old and the clothes I used to wear with them I don't have anymore.  I contemplated black shoes here but decided to go with the brown.  The toe is really, really round which makes them work well with my vericose veins.  I guess I'll be keeping these.



Old Navy deep v-neck tee rose pink
Caslon ribbed long sleeve tee charcoal - nordstrom.com
KUT From The Kloth boot cut cords espresso brown - nordstrom.com
Lauren Jeans Co. denim jacket Nolita wash - macys.com
BP. Nordstrom scarf fuchsia plaid
Another Line skinny belt chocolate brown - nordstrom.com
BP. Norstrom 'Taryn' mary jane pump chocolate brown 
Lauren ball drop earrings silver - Macy's

5 comments:

  1. I love the outfit, and the pop of color with the scarf if fabulous!!!


    http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/11/pass-mustard.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lise Marie! I have never been told I've looked fabulous while wearing this old tee. I owe it to the Style Nation for showing me how to remix my old pieces into fabulous outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking sassy! Liked your shopping outfit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off your thighs!
    - Unknown

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wendy, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete