Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Layering + Scarf

I am wearing this TODAY, Tuesday, 11/16 and actually have it posted!

I've never been a layering person.  I tend to wear a top and jeans or a dress.  I know, boring.  That is changing  I'm working on it right now.  I've already posted this navy button-down shirt, but I'm trying it again with some changes.  This time I'm wearing a long-sleeve tee underneath (because I'm taking the kids to the park later this afternoon and it's going to be cold) and with a colorful scarf.  I'm not sure the charcoal gray tee is working just right.  I had to tuck in the gray tee because having it out looked sloppy.  It looks better now, but I'm still not sure I'm in love with this look, but I do like the teal against the navy.

I really wish I could get these photos to be in proper focus.



James Perse contrast panel roll sleeve button down shirt deep navy - Nordstrom
Caslon long sleeve ribbed tee charcaol - nordstrom.com
KUT From The Kloth wide leg trouser jeans delight wash - Nordstrom Rack
BP. Nordstrom ombré scarf teal - nordstrom.com
Kenneth Cole REACTION 'Ballet Parking' flats pewter - Macy's
Lauren Ralph Lauren drop ball earrings silver - Macy's

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the look of shorter sleeves layered over long sleeves! I first saw that when I lived in Japan, but I have yet to achieve the look myself. I'm not good at layering. I think you did it just right! And I love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of short sleeves over long - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just came across your blog - hope you can convince your friends to get rid of the frump. not just to look better, but to feel better too. i don't layer much either because it's so hot here, but i like what you did, and the denim looks great!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete